Dhikala Canter safari in Corbett is the best way to explore the Dhikala forest when you are staying outside the Corbett tiger reserve, touring by gypsy is not permitted in Dhikala zone during day time. However you can travel into this area by a canter which takes in 18 passengers and starts off from Ramnagar in the morning and afternoon respectively. Which canter went to Dhikala in the morning time it return to the base in afternoon, similarly afternoon canter comes back to the base in evening. These tours are called as Ramganga conducted tour and permitted by the Corbett Tiger Reserve.
The Dhikala area of Corbett National Park is probably the finest to observe wildlife in its natural habitat. The huge expanse of the grasslands, called "Chaurs" are the attraction of this area of the Park. The meandering Ramganga river adds to the beauty of the landscape and provides the essential water souscre to all wildlife. The reservoir forms a part of the largest man made lake to feed the Hydro electricity project at Kalagarh.
The opportunity of going on an Elephant ride for wildlife viewing is available from Dhikala besides a network of observation towers situated at the edge of the forest which are approachable by 4 Wheel Drive Jeeps. The location of the Dhikala Forest Lodge offsets its basic accommodation- though these facilities have been immensely improved - it is situated deep in the heart of the forest and wildlife can be observed can from the veranda of your room.The rooms at Dhikala have been renovated but still basic by common standards.
Note: Apart from the above mentioned number of the safari, two canter safaris (16 seats per canter) are allowed especially in Dhikala tourism zone. The park authority of Wildlife Warden or in-charge may cancel your permit for any good and sufficient reasons to be recorded in writings.
- ID Proof: DL Number, PAN Card Number, Voter ID, Passport Number, Student ID etc.
- The Traveller has to carry the same ID Proof as submitted in this form, while visiting Corbett National Park.
- The Canter will be available at common point ( Corbett Reception, Ramnagar OR Dhangari Gate, Corbett ).
- Each Traveller has to join the Canter at their own.
- Charges are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Advance Booking ProcedureFor booking request please provide us the following details:
- The full name, age, sex of each visitor as printed same on the identity cards to be provided along with the confirmatory amount
- Preferred travelling date & Safari timing (Morning/Afternoon)
- Specific ID card number of your ( Voter Id, Aaadhar No, Driving license No etc)
- Safari Entry fee paid in advance
- E-permits are non-refundable if permit is booked/confirmed
- Please carry the same ID card submitted during online booking
- Please intimate us 30days in advance (for Indian nationals)
- Foreign nationals can ask for booking 90 days in advance
- Passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreigner tourists
- Safari permit is issued on first come first serve basis (subject to availability)
Terms & Conditions
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated as per the scientifically calculated carrying capacity and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the Sonanadi Ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center located at Kotdwar.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are 'not' allowed entry for tourism purposes into the park and visitors use specially designed vehicles, registered with CTR for this purpose. Day visits to the Dhikala Ecotourism Zone are permitted only through the specially designed Canter buses via Ramganga Conducted Tours.
- Visitors can also enjoy jeep rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone, which is available on 'First come, first get' basis.
- Canteen facilities are available at Dhikala, Bijrani and Gairal. At other locations, kitchen facilities have been provided.