Corbett National Park visit without elephant safari means your tour is not complete. Elephant safari in Corbett is the only way to see the wild animals closely and spend more time with them. Along with elephant and expert Mahout you can go deep into mysterious forest, rugged trek, scenic valley vast grassland and river. It's an adventure and scary feeling when you go close to tiger or herd of wild elephant, yes this is real elephant safari in their natural habitat.There is two timing morning and evening for elephant safari in Corbett. That is an opportunity to take Corbett elephant safari twice in a day. One more option is arranged by Corbett Tiger Reserve for hard core wildlife lovers that is long elephant safari. In this exclusive elephant safari you have to stay in forest lodges inside the Corbett National Park. It is always recommended to book elephant safari in advance.
THE AREA WHERE THE RIDES ARE CONDUCTED IS CALLED THE CORBETT LANDSCAPE AREA ACROSS THE KOSI RIVER INTO THE GRASSLAND & SHRUB AREA.
BEAT SUITED FOR TIGER & WILDLIFE VIEWING - THE THRILL OF JUST SITTING ON AN ELEPHANT CROSSING THE RIVER AND MAKING ITS OWN TRACK IS AN UNIMAGINABLE EXPERIENCE !!
IN THE JUNGLE, THE MIGHTY JUNGLE AN ELEPHANT RIDE IN THE FOOTHILLS OF THE HIMALAYAS TIGERS BURN BRIGHT IF YOU ARE LUCKY TO SEE ONE... THE WORDS OF JIM CORBETT ECHO THROUGH THE JUNGLE " SHOOT ONLY PICTURES ...LEAVE ONLY FOOT PRINTS .. TAKE ONLY MEMORIES ".
- THERE ARE 04 SLOTS / SESSIONS - 04 ADULT PERSONS CAN BE SEATED ON AN ELEPHANT - DURATION IS 02 HOURS.
- WINTER MORNINGS - 06:00 - 08:00 HRS & 08:00 - 10:00 HRS AND EVENINGS 1330 - 1530 HRS & 15:30 - 17:30 HRS.
- SUMMER MORNINGS - 05:00 - 07:00 HRS & 07:00 - 09:00 HRS AND EVENINGS 1500 - 1700 HRS & 17:00 - 19:00 HRS.
- Elephant Safari is NOT booked in advance. Its booked on SPOT and subject to availability.
- For Elephant Safari, one has to avail Jeep Safari to reach inside Bijrani Zone.
- ID Proof: DL Number, PAN Card Number, Voter ID, Passport Number, Student ID etc.
- The Traveler has to carry the same ID Proof as submitted in this form, while visiting Jim Corbett National Park.
Corbett Safari Entry Formalities:
All visitors to Corbett National Park have to obtain permits from the concerned authority. These can be obtained from the park administration centre located at Ramnagar. The 03 days duration permit is issued on the spot without any delay provided photocopies of the identity cards along of the applicants are made available. Foreign nationals have to produce their passport and photocopy for the same to get the permit. Corbett Forest Lodges Permits would be issued for a maximum of three days only. Permit is not transferable and once the permit is issued it is not refundable. The park authorities shall not be responsible in any way for damages caused.
Permit for Different Safari Zones:
Corbett Tiger Reserve provides you four entry points namely Jhirna, Bijrani, Dhikala and Durgadevi. There are two types of permits that you have to obtain separately i.e. for the entry of Safari vehicles and forest lodges accommodation. You can obtain permit for these two online. It is always advisable to book your safari in advance i.e. you can book 30 days prior to your actual arrival. It is so because only 75 vehicles are allowed inside the Corbett National Park at a time. Safari is permissible only in the specific zone you have booked for. Once you have booked the safari there is no provision for cancellation and rescheduling.
The number of vehicles permitted to enter for day Safari in a particular zone is distributed as: Bijrani and Jhirna 30 Safari for each zone are allowed at a time while from Durgadevi only 15 Safari are allowed respectively within the Jim Corbett National Park.
Note: Apart from the above mentioned number of the safari, two canter safaris (16 seats per canter) are allowed especially in Dhikala tourism zone. The park authority of Wildlife Warden or in-charge may cancel your permit for any good and sufficient reasons to be recorded in writings.
Advance Booking ProcedureFor booking request please provide us the following details:
- The full name, age, sex of each visitor as printed same on the identity cards to be provided along with the confirmatory amount
- Preferred travelling date & Safari timing (Morning/Afternoon)
- Specific ID card number of your ( Voter Id, Aaadhar No, Driving license No etc)
- Safari Entry fee paid in advance
- E-permits are non-refundable if permit is booked/confirmed
- Please carry the same ID card submitted during online booking
- Please intimate us 30days in advance (for Indian nationals)
- Foreign nationals can ask for booking 90 days in advance
- Passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreigner tourists
- Safari permit is issued on first come first serve basis (subject to availability)
Terms & Conditions
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated as per the scientifically calculated carrying capacity and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the Sonanadi Ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center located at Kotdwar.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are 'not' allowed entry for tourism purposes into the park and visitors use specially designed vehicles, registered with CTR for this purpose. Day visits to the Dhikala Ecotourism Zone are permitted only through the specially designed Canter buses via Ramganga Conducted Tours.
- Visitors can also enjoy jeep rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone, which is available on 'First come, first get' basis.
- Canteen facilities are available at Dhikala, Bijrani and Gairal. At other locations, kitchen facilities have been provided.